CBD for Cancer
Although there are many studies that are being carried out to determine the effectiveness of CBD as a therapeutic aid for cancer, preliminary results show that cannabidiol can kill cancer cells. Recently, scientists reported that CBD slows the growth of some cancer cells or causes their death. Studies that have been conducted using lab dishes and animals suggest that CBD can also reduce the spread of some types of cancer. In fact, there are clinical trials on the use of CBD to relieve cancer in humans. Nevertheless, more studies are necessary to establish the effectiveness of CBD in improving the symptoms of cancer.
How CBD Fights Cancer Cells
CBD gravitates towards the CB2 receptors in the spleen, which is home to the immune system. CB2 is responsible for activating the immune system. CBD is biomimetic to the body’s anandamide, which naturally activates CB2 receptors. That means the body can use CBD and anandamide interchangeably. As such, when an injury, illness, or stress demands more from anandamide than the body can produce, the mimetic CBD is activated. If there is transitory stress, the therapeutic aid will be transitory. If this demand remains, like in the case of cancer, the therapeutic aid provides a sustained pressure of modulating agent on a homeostatic system.
Basically, once CBD gravitates towards the CB2 receptors, it seeks out cancer cells and destroys them. In fact, studies have shown that CBD has the ability to destroy cancer cells directly without the involvement of immune intermediaries. That’s because CBD can hijack the lipoxygenase pathway to inhibit the growth of cancerous tumors directly.
Effects of Using CBD For Cancer Symptom Relief
The major advantage of using CBD to relieve cancer is the fact that it doesn’t have the side effects associated with strong chemical medications and it won’t make the patient loopy or “high”. Even more so, it has been proven to have an array of positive effects on cancer patients.
- Triggering the death of cancer cells
- Preventing unhealthy cell division
- Preventing the growth of tumors in the new blood vessels
- Reducing the spread of cancer cells throughout the body
- Speeding up the waste disposal mechanism of the body or autophagy which can cause the death of cells.
All these effects are caused by locking off of CB2 receptors with the use of CBD.
More studies are needed, but it is ALMOST confirmable that cannabidiol can be used as an effective complementary cancer therapeutic aid.
Things To Consider Before Taking CBD
Though it’s evident that CBD can be helpful to cancer patients, medical decisions should be made on the basis of the needs of each patient. Therefore, CBD should only be used after consulting the doctor. Although there are no side effects from taking CBD, if anything arises, your physician will be aware and can monitor you and your use of cannabidiol products.
Nevertheless, there is a wide range of CBD products for sale online and we cover all of them. Simply browse our collection of articles and surf through to figure out what CBD product is right for you.
- Cannabis improved the survival rate of patients with aggressive brain cancer
- Cannabidiol enhances delta9-THC
- Antitumor effects of CBD
- Review of the antitumor effects of cannabinoids in gliomas
- CBD inhibits human glioma cell migration
- Cannabidiol sensitizes glioblastoma cells
- CBD inhibits proliferation and invasion in U87-MG and T98G glioma cells
- Local delivery of cannabinoid-loaded microparticles inhibits tumor growth
- CBD Kills Breast Cancer Cells!
- Antitumor activity and the effect of cannabidiol on breast carcinoma
- CBD induces programmed cell death in breast cancer cells
- The effects of CBD on the reduction of breast cancer cells
- CBD: A novel inhibitor in aggressive breast cancer cells
- Cannabidiolic acid is an inhibitor of breast cancer cell migration
- CBD-A mediated selective down-regulation of breast cancer cells
- CBD offered a chemopreventive effect on experimental colon cancer
- Cannabis sativa extract with high CBD inhibits colon carcinogens
- Induction of cannabinoids in endocrine & related tumors
- A study comparing CBD in murine thymocytes & EL-4 thymoma cells
- CBD prevents lung cancer cell metastasis
- Confirmation of CBD acting as an inhibitor to lung cancer cell development
- Shocking findings that CBD helps prevent lung cancer
PAIN ASSOCIATED WITH CANCER & CANCER TREATMENTS
- How CBD is used to relieve pain – Cannabidiol Life
- Study of THC:CBD extract in patients with intractable cancer-related pain
- Cannabis extract helps in preventing pain associated with chemotherapy
- Using CBD for prostate cancer
- Anticancer activity from CBD on prostate cancer cells
- Induction of cannabinoids in prostate & colon cancer cells
List of CBD Health Benefits
Health Conditions: A - D
Health Conditions: E - N
Our Latest Articles On CBD
If you are considering to make, take, or buy CBD products, it’s important to take into consideration a huge detail that will directly affect the quality of the Cannabidiol you will obtain. This #1 factor of importance is the extraction method of how the CBD is...read more
Facebook Instagram Google+ Cannabis Health Radio is made possible by the support of its listeners. If you find the interviews and resources useful, please consider making a contribution to support them (in any amount) so they can continue to inform and assist people...read more
The government announced that CBD is a schedule one drug. Last year, the Drug Enforcement Administration put a notice in the Federal Register where it reclassified cannabis extracts, including CBD, as Schedule 1 drugs. That means CBD belongs to the same category with...read more
Article Sources & Resources On CBD & Cancer
- https://www.cancer.org/therapeutic aid/therapeutic aids-and-side-effects/complementary-and-alternative-medicine/marijuana-and-cancer.html
Cannabidiol (CBD) has NOT been proven to treat, relieve, nor cure any disease or medical condition listed on this site. The medical studies, controlled tests, and health information offered on Cannabidiol Life of CBDOilsAndEdibles.com (or any variation of the URL) is an expressed summarization of our personal conducted research done by our team of professionals. The information provided on this site is designed to support, NEVER replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and the patient's/site visitor's physician.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and products listed are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.