Cherry Wine Hemp Cultivar (Hemp Strain)
Cherry Wine CBD Hemp Strains are among the genus of the Cannabis hemp plant that offers a fruity and peppery taste and arguably the best medicinal terpene profile with a higher array of phytocannabinoid percentages in comparison to other hemp flowers.
What Are Cherry Wine Hemp Cultivars?
The Cherry Wine Strain was created in 2015 by a cultivar breeder by the name of Bodhi Urban. Cherry Wine is a unique hemp plant that is the result of a cross-breeding between two powerful hemp cultivars, “The Wife” and “Charlotte’s Cherry”.
The original phenotype of The Wife almost dripped with resin and offered 25% CBD with no detectable THC content while Charlotte’s Cherries had an awesome 50:1 ratio of CBD to THC with a stellar terpene profile to back.
By combining these two high-CBD, low-THC juggernauts of hemp cultivars, the Cherry Wine hybrid came to life; instantly becoming highly coveted and favored by knowledgable CBD manufacturers looking to create products for holistic, therapeutic, and medicinal purposes.
What Does Cherry Wine Look Like?
When growing in the field, Cherry Wine plants can have a range of colors from light green to dark purple with yellow and orange hairs known as pistils, with the flower buds ranging between dense and fluffy.
When full-grown, these buds can be VERY STICKY which is extremely noticeable during the harvest period.
After the harvest, the Cherry Wine hemp flowers usually portray warmer more subtle green colors with golden orange pistils with the entire bud lightly sprinkled with sparkly white dots (Trichomes).
Plant Classification: Indica, Sativa, or Hybrid
For quick education purposes:
- Indica-classified cannabis plants are known for their calming, relaxing, and sedative effects.
- Sativa-classified cannabis plants are known for their energetic, uplifting, and creative-thinking effects.
- Hybrid-classified cannabis plants are a combination of the two (Indica and Sativa).
Cherry Wine hemp cultivars are classified as a true Hybrid, perfectly balanced being 50% Indica and 50% Sativa.
This allows consumers the ability to enjoy the benefits of this strain day or night without being forced to alter their daily regimen.
Taste Profile (Flavonoids)
The flavonoids and taste of this particular plant offer a wonderful balance of sweet cherries, black pepper, and piney undertones that all can enjoy.
The Cherry Wine cultivar is among the highest-grade hemp plants available anywhere in the USA and has reached levels as high as 25% percent CBD content in some cases.
- High levels of CBD (15%-25%)
- Moderate levels of CBG (1%-2%)
- Low levels of Delta-9 THC (<0.3%)
Beneficial Terpene Profile Backed by Science
Terpenes are naturally-derived chemical botanical compounds that are responsible for the aromatic profiles and unique flavors that plants have. Terpenes are also known to have specific wellness and therapeutic benefits backed by science.
Here are the top five dominant terpenes found in Cherry Wine Hemp plants with a brief description of their potential health benefits:
- β-Myrcene – analgesic, sedative, antidiabetic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anticancer effects. (source)
- β-Caryophyllene – anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. (source)
- d-Limonene – anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antinociceptive, anticancer, antidiabetic, antihyperalgesic, antiviral, and gastroprotective effects, among other beneficial effects. (source)
- α-Pinene – Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, and Neuroprotective Properties, in-vitro and in-vivo, and protects against oxidative stress, inflammation, and neuronal damage. (source)
- α-Humulene – topical and systemic anti-inflammatory properties and an effective analgesic. (source)
Here is a great 2021 study that reviews the potential use of Pinene and Linalool in terpene-based medicines
Why We Love This CBD Hemp Flower
Short answer, because of its POWERFUL GENETICS.
After many generations of successful cross-breeding which showcased the Cherry Wine CBD terpene profile, cannabinoid potency, and smooth taste, it was a very easy choice for us.
We knew that this strain with its unique and effervescent characteristics would allow us to create some of the world’s best CBD products that aren’t just effective but taste really good too.
Further, when it comes to health and wellness-related products, producing anything less of the very best would go against everything we believe in. This is the reason why we chose the Cherry Wine cultivar and also why the majority of our physician-recommended, high-quality cannabinoid-infused products are made exclusively from it.