What is CBD Vape Oil?
Simply put, CBD vape oil or CBD vape juice is any vape juice that contains CBD instead of nicotine. Some start pure and are then mixed with existing flavors, while others are pre-mixed blends. If you would like to learn more about CBD or shop for CBD vape oil, please click here.
Is CBD vape juice the same as CBD oil?
CBD vape juice, also known as CBD e-liquid, CBD vape oil or CBD e-juice, is different from regular CBD oil. While it’s true that CBD vape juice is CBD oil in liquid form, it is specially formulated in order to be heated and inhaled via a vape pen, a vaporizer, or an E-cigarette. Often times this oil can be purchased in a bottle for refilling a vaporizer or can also be purchased in the form of a one-time use cartridge for a vape pen.1
CBD vape juice and CBD oil are similar, but they are not the same. The following differences occur between them2:
- CBD vape juice and CBD oil differ from each other in a few distinct ways. You inhale CBD vape juice or viscous liquids with a vape pen, while you consume CBD oil orally by placing it under the tongue. Eventually, CBD enters your bloodstream in both cases. Nevertheless, these methods are not interchangeable which means that you cannot ingest vape juice or vape regular CBD oil.
- Bioavailability is the amount of CBD content that really gets absorbed into your bloodstream. Vaping happens to have the highest bioavailability (40-50%), followed by CBD oil tinctures (20-30%) and CBD edibles (5-15%).
A More In-Depth Look At CBD Vape Oil
How is CBD vape oil made?
The steps involved in making CBD vape juice are similar to those of CBD oil and include grinding of the flower buds, extraction and purification of CBD oil. However, as opposed to CBD oil, CBD vape juice is mixed with thinning agents such as vegetable glycerine, propylene glycol or polyethylene glycol. The thinning agents decrease the viscosity of the oil and cause the juice to take on a more “liquid” form. This allows it to function with the heater coils found on a standard vape pen. Various other additives and isolates can be added to make thousands of different products.3
As with other CBD products, start with a low dose of vape juice increasing it gradually depending upon your requirement and convenience. Always discuss taking CBD with your doctor before use. CBD is known to interact with certain medications, especially those metabolized in the liver.
- Varlet V, Concha-Lozano N, Berthet A, et al. Drug vaping applied to cannabis: Is “Cannavaping” a therapeutic alternative to marijuana? Sci Rep. 2016;6:25599.
- Ujváry I, Hanuš L. Human Metabolites of Cannabidiol: A Review on Their Formation, Biological Activity, and Relevance in Therapy. Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2016;1(1):90-101.
- Giroud C, de Cesare M, Berthet A, et al. E-Cigarettes: A Review of New Trends in Cannabis Use. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12(8):9988-10008.
- Sowles SJ, Krauss MJ, Connolly S, et al. A Content Analysis of Vaping Advertisements on Twitter, November 2014. Prev Chronic Dis. 2016;13: E139.
- Bryan M. Pot smoke and mirrors: vaporizer pens hide cannabis use. National Public Radio. April 18, 2014. www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/04/18/302992602/potsmoke-and-mirrors-vaporizer-penshide-cannabis-use. Accessed October 16, 2019.
- Morean ME, Lipshie N, Josephson M, et al. Predictors of Adult E-Cigarette Users Vaporizing Cannabis Using E-Cigarettes and Vape-Pens. Subst Use Misuse. 2017;52(8):974-981.
- Pavlovic R, Nenna G, Calvi L, et al. Quality Traits of “Cannabidiol Oils”: Cannabinoids Content, Terpene Fingerprint and Oxidation Stability of European Commercially Available Preparations. Molecules. 2018;23(5):1230.
MORE ARTICLES & INFORMATION
Looking to buy CBD vape oil? We have some options for you below!The Answer:CBD (cannabidiol) vape oil is available at dispensaries and smoke shops across the country. If you would like to learn more about CBD vape oil or are just looking to make a purchase online,...
Looking for high quality vape accessories? We are here for you.The Answer: CBD vape pens, used for CBD vape oil, are available at dispensaries and smoke shops across the country. If you would like to learn more about CBD vape pens or are just looking to make a...
NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR
Compliance Director at Cannabidiol Life
CBD Vape Oil is potentially the quickest way to experience the effects of cannabidiol on the endocannabinoid system.
It is important to consider where you are sourcing your CBD products from and we hope that you will consider Cannabidiol Life for your vaping needs. We ALWAYS gaurantee quality.