Delta-8 is a derivative of the infamous and famous Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). So, before we get into Delta-8, let’s do a quick refresher on THC.
WHAT IS THC?
THC is the abbreviation for “Tetrahydrocannabinol,” which is a natural chemical compound, better known as a “cannabinoid,” also referred to as a “phytocannabinoid” and is naturally grown within Cannabis plants. THC has grown in popularity over the years because of its psychoactive and psychotropic effects on the human brain. With all its moving parts, THC is now being researched a lot more for its potential health and its therapeutic benefits.
Out of the 113+ known cannabinoids, Tetrahydrocannabinol is considered a “major cannabinoid.” Other major cannabinoids include:
- CBD (Cannabidiol)
- CBG (Cannabigerol)
- CBN (Cannabinol)
- CBC (Cannabichromene)
THC is the aunt of two closely related cousins, Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol and Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. Both of these naturally grown chemical compounds and considered minor cannabinoids.
Without further adieu,
The phytocannabinoid of the hour,
The THC compound in the spotlight…
WHAT IS DELTA-8 THC?
Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol is a form of THC, and as stated above, it is a minor cannabinoid. According to the National Cancer Institute, Delta-8 offers “antiemetic, anxiolytic, appetite-stimulating, analgesic, and neuroprotective properties.”
It is an exciting cannabinoid with tons of upside potential; great news for the Cannabis industry!
CBD vs DELTA-8 vs DELTA-9
Here is a quick visual aid/infographic of a cannabinoid comparison between CBD and Delta-8 THC.
Now, here are some more specifics:
- According to Weedmaps, “Delta-8-THC is an analog of delta-9-THC, a molecule with a similar structure, but some notable differences.“
- Delta-8 THC only differs from Delta-9 THC by a few chemical bonds, specifically, atomic bonds.
- Both contain double bonds in the molecular formula.
- 1mg of Delta-8 THC is not equal to 1mg of Delta-9 THC as Delta-8 has a lower psychotropic potency
- They share many of the same potential wellness effects.
- Euphoric-wise, they are both very similar, but delta-8 offers more of a full-body-calming high rather than a brain-blitzing high.
As you may very well know, Delta-8 cannabis products are growing in popularity and have a very high demand for cannabinoid enthusiasts worldwide. Every week, more and more products become available for purchase from both an online and physical dispensaries standpoint.
Thus, here is the latest, most up-to-date list of what’s currently available for purchase.
BEST DELTA-8 THC PRODUCTS (WHERE TO BUY THEM)
Delta-8 Oil Tinctures
When it comes to THC oils and THC tinctures, Delta-8 is considered less recreational and more therapeutic than Delta-9. We recommend visiting XYZ as a viable and trustworthy shop to learn more, shop, and buy.
There are so many options for this product collection line up, so we will list a few for you to choose from:
- Delta-8 Chocolate
- Delta 8 Lollipops
- Delta-8 Gummies
Delta-8 THC gummies are all the rage and promote a pleasant body relaxation (plus a little euphoria). Not meant for anyone under the age of 21, we must reiterate that. CBD gummies are available for purchase, and they come in a variety of options; Delta-8 gummies are not very far behind. Currently, you can buy Cloud 8 gummies, Delta gummy squares, Delta-8 gummy bears, worms, rings, you name it! For more information as well as the best deals on Delta-8 THC gummies, visit THCGummies.com. Now that you know about the psychotropic effects, maybe CBD gummies may be more of a better fit for you and your loved ones.
Delta-8 Vape & Smokable Flower
Delta-8 THC vape juice significantly differs from CBD vape products, and we would hate for you to get either of them, expecting the results of the other. Delta-8 e-liquids are being created, bought, and sold as if people have never vaped regular THC before. We never would recommend buying from a non-licensed manufacturer though, that’s when things get very unregulated and the CAPITOL of mistakes waiting to happen. However, we recommend considering certified safe cannabis-derived products that are 100% natural and, on occasion, very lightly flavored with additional cannabis-derived terpenes.
Delta-8 dabs (wax, crystals, concentrates, distillates)
LEGALIZATION & ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED
These products’ legality varies from one continent, body of water, country, and state (sometimes city) to the next. As for the United States, the main legalization factor, which is the difference in whether or not it is on the Schedule 1 Drug List, is fundamentally based on the type of plant the Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol was extracted from; Industry Hemp Plants or from Marijuana Plants.
To make everything crystal clear, unless you live in a recreational Cannabis-permitted state or have a medical marijuana card, you should only buy from manufacturers who extra the Delta-8 chemical compound from certified Industrial Hemp Plants.
THE DEA, THE FDA, & FEDERAL ACTS TO KNOW ABOUT
If the Delta-8 THC is extracted from hemp, then we are within the Federal laws, and it is legal on a federal level. Now, if the Delta-8 gets extracted from high-THC Marijuana/Cannabis plants, this makes the product illegal from a Federal standpoint.
The H.R.5485 Hemp Farming Act of 2018, often referred to as the Hemp Farm Bill, clarifies this.
Now, for the people living in the following four states, it doesn’t look good for you. This goes for Idaho, Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota. The laws passed by these four state-governments are forbidding the entry of outside Cannabis and CBD products.
From a Federal standpoint, an important law to remember is that Delta-8 products must contain a total delta-9 THC concentration that does not exceed 0.3% on a dry-weight basis. Please do not buy a product that doesn’t have this on the label; there is a strong chance they are not compliant with the FDA product label requirements.
WARNINGS & SUGGESTED USE (9-Step List):
The main thing you need to know here is that Delta-8 products are both psychoactive (mind-activating) and psychotropic (state-of-mind altering). If a product has psychotropic effects, this directly indicates that if you consume it, there is a high probability that you will get high.
Next, here is our version of what we believe you should always do, with a few suggestions. Use this following list as a beginner’s guide, more professionally, the 9 Step Delta-8 Instruction Product Manual.
- Speak with a licensed medical professional to discuss if Delta-8 products are right for you.
- BE OF AGE and follow your state laws, Must be 18 years old to buy online (some states require you to be 21).
- STORE AWAY AND OUT OF REACH FROM CHILDREN.
- Always store your products in a cold, dark, and dry place.
- Follow the instructions given on the product label. If you have any questions, contact us, we have your best interest in mind (even if we weren’t the ones that sold you the product).
- It’s always safer not to use products if you notice that the safety seal is broken.
- Since research is limited, don’t use it or take it if you may become pregnant, are pregnant, or nursing.
- Do not combine with other medications, illicit drugs, alcohol, or herbal/ nutritional supplements.
- Last and certainly not least, DO NOT OPERATE a motorized vehicle or heavy machinery when consuming Delta-8.
3 SPECIFIC TIPS TO ENSURE A BETTER EXPERIENCE
Here are a few simple tips to make sure that you have a wonderful first-time Delta-8 experience.
- Taking Delta-8 on an empty stomach will always be more effective than consuming it after a meal. Cannabinoids get broken down by the enzymes in our liver, so we need to make sure we have sufficient digestive tools. If liver enzymes aren’t readily available, the product will definitely be less effective.
- Nibble before you dribble. Start low and work your way up. We recommend 5mg of Delta-8 THC for beginners and 10mg for daily Cannabis users. After you get a good idea of where your “sweet spot” is, this way, you can choose your preferred milligram serving much easier. In turn, it’ll get you to where you want to be, MUCH QUICKER as well.
- Relax. The worst thing you could do is over-think, over-react, and ruin a perfectly good Delta-8 experience because you simply didn’t relax. Here’s what you have to do:
- Dedicate a minimum of 6 hours where you won’t have any responsibilities
- Find a quiet and safe place.
- Turn on your favorite music.
- Grab the softest blanket you can find
- and just, RELAX
What’s the difference between CBD and THC?
For starters, they are completely different cannabinoids. THC is the most potent, with CBD coming in second place. CBD is not psychotropic, and it won’t cause you to get high or experience any type of euphoria. This cannot be said about THC-based products.
Will THC get me high?
Yes, it absolutely will cause euphoria.
Will Delta-8 THC get me high?
Yes. Delt-8 offers natural, unaltered by man, mother-nature derived psychotropic and psychoactive effects. In the history of mankind, THC has never caused an overdose.
What does a Delta-8 high feel like?
Reports are that it is a smoother, full-body, and less aggressive psychotropic experience (high) when making a side-by-side comparison with the high associated with Delta-9 THC.
Is it legal to buy online?
They are only illegal to buy if your state does not allow the consumption of hemp-derived extracts. It is also only illegal if the Delta-8 THC was extracted from a marijuana plant and not an industrial hemp plant.
Will Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol make me fail a drug test?
Maybe, and due to the lack of research and data available, we don’t recommend testing this theory out, especially if your job depends on it.
What are the benefits?
There are many medical studies surrounding the potential benefits of THC, in general, but there aren’t very many Delta-8 THC-specific studies. For this reason, we won’t speculate or insinuate and must request that you do your own research and make an educated decision. Furthermore, we always and HIGHLY recommend that you speak with a medical professional prior to altering your diet.
What are the effects of Delta-8?
This truly depends on how much you take. However, you should always expect to feel/notice a slight euphoria effect as Delta-8 does cause psychotropic and psychoactive effects.
The Cannabis industry brings many amazing new opportunities to learn about, research, and just maybe, consider exploring ALL the facts. Especially the ones that could have a direct impact on saving lives and increasing the quality of life for millions of people.
What’s the harm in that?
It’s pretty human-focused, people-oriented, wouldn’t you agree? Learn more about our PEOPLE, PLANET, PROFIT company mission.
Positivity is key here, and choosing to ban something that’s different before considering researching it just doesn’t make scientific or common sense. However, positive advances are on the horizon as the times are changing.
We see a bright future ahead for the Hemp Industry as well as the Marijuana and Cannabis Industry. The negative stigmas, phobias, and both state and federal laws are either decreasing in severity, slowly fading away, or even better yet, they’ve already been eradicated.
We knew these days would come, and we’re beyond excited and extremely grateful to be riding this hemp-wave with all of you.
Make sure you sign up for our monthly sales alert newsletter; it’s worth it.